1. There’s a lot going on in Philadelphia (Philthy to those who dare) this weekend. My main pick is Soft Smoke Rises in Gay Rings Above the Roof at Bodega. The show features work by Heidi Norton, Carson Fisk-Vittori, Stephen Eichhorn and Ryan Fenchel.
Soft Smoke Rises in Gay Rings Above the Roof
3. NEXT THURSDAY, The Sum of All Colors opens at Sasha Wolf Gallery. The show features work by Jessica Eaton, Matthew gamber and Bill Sullivan.
4. ALSO NEXT THURSDAY AND ALSO IN PHILLY, Breadboard is hooking up with the Virtual Public Art Project (VPAP) to launch a city-wide Augmented Reality (AR) exhibit as part of Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts. Over 30 virtual art sculptures will be located around the city of Philadelphia and can be viewed via VPAP’s free Layar App for most iPhone and Android smartphone devices. THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!
5. Browse the Brooklyn Academy of Music fundraising auction powered by BiddingForGood and bid on items to help support this cause!! Bidding closes April 10th.
6. Do not miss stunning work from Carlos Reyes, Ben Schumacher, Jo-ey Tang and David J Merritt at the NYU Steinhardt MFA Thesis Exhibition (Part 1). The show closes April 9th.
7. Antenne Books just launched their new and improved website with new titles from Ryan McGinely, Henry Roy and more!
8. The New York Photo Awards, one of the most dynamic and sought-after showcases for emerging photographers from all over the world, is open for submissions! Deadline for submitting photographs and digital images will be April 25, 2011 at midnight.
9. LAST CHANCE! Now until midnight, join 3rd Ward with no commitment necessary and submit your work for our Open Call Early Entry Award.
10. LAST CHANCE!! Lay Flat pledges to donate 50% of all sales from March 11th through March 31st towards the American Red Cross disaster relief efforts to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific.