1. Humble Arts Foundation & Chelsea Art Museum present The Collector’s Guide to New Art Photography Vol. 2 Book Launch & Exhibition Curated by Vanessa Kramer Director of Photographs, Phillips de Pury & Company. Launch party: Friday, March 4, 8PM – midnight. Ticketed event. Exhibition: Saturday, March 5 – Saturday, April 2, 2011 Tickets: $20 (cash only at the door).
David Benjamin Sherry
2. It’s Armory Art week people! If you are overwhelmed, start here!
3. F.L.O.A.T. Gallery is going whole hog in their new Chelsea space with a show called Art of Attraction curated by F.L.O.A.T. proprietors Carol Taverass and Meagan Zeigler Haynes and featuring work by Brian Finke, Camille Vivier, Christian Weber, Ellen Jong, Joseph Szabo, Cass Bird, Løber Nøgan, Sandy Kim, Stephen Irwin, Therese + Joel, Yisook Sohn and Zed Nelson.
4. TONIGHT! You may want to consider whooping it up at The Night Event. This is more than a party. Experience exquisite art and performance at the premier event of NYC’s Armory Arts Week, TONIGHT from 7pm – 1am inside the historic Angel Orensanz Foundation. Featuring live performances by Gang Gang Dance, Didi Gutman of The Brazilian Girls, and the Vintage DJ.
5. TONIGHT! HEREart is pleased to present the group exhibition, .gif .jpg .png .tif (gjpt). Titled after common web-based graphics, this exhibition explores the realm of standardized image formats as represented in Internet-based art, websites, videos, applications, and multi- media design.
6. Speaking of Art Fairs, Rhizome will have a booth at the Armory Show at Pier 94, in booth L-26. Artists include: Harm van den Dorpel, Sara Ludy, Takeshi Murata, Seth Price, Anne de Vries and Rafaël Rozendaal.
Anne de Vries
7. TONIGHT! “Moving Image is very pleased to announce the list of participating artists and galleries for its inaugural exhibition, including 36 artists represented by 30 galleries from the US and Europe.” 6:00pm – 9:00pm at Waterfront NY.
8. On Saturday, in conjunction with ARMORY NIGHT – BROOKLYN & the WGA (Williamsburg Gallery Association), Capricious will remain open after hours and invites you to view continuous screening of emerging artist Arielle Falk’s new video work THROWING PAINS.
9. Tomorrow at 7:00pm, FUSE Gallery is hosting an opening reception tomorrow for their latest show, WHAT’S HE BUILDING IN THERE – An ode to the darker side of curiosity.
10. As part of SITE Fest 2011, 319 Scholes is pleased to present Not Spring Not Winter, an annual exhibition of installation + performance by emerging artists from the Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) of NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts.