Photographers, art collectors, and photo enthusiasts–
We’re very pleased to announce that Lens Culture has teamed up with Fotografiska, (The Swedish Museum of Photography), to host the first large-scale professional Portfolio Reviews in Stockholm on May 27-28, 2011.
Over the course of two days, 100 photographers will engage in one-on-one meetings and portfolio reviews with 35 international photography experts, including museum curators, gallery owners, festival directors, magazine editors, photobook publishers and representatives from photo agencies. These meetings offer photographers tremendous opportunities for career development, including potential editorial assignments, book publication contracts, art gallery representation, participation in international exhibitions, feature articles in magazines, as well as extensive business networking.
The event is limited to 100 photographers, so we urge serious, mid-career photographers to register now.
We believe that formal portfolio reviews like this are among the most proactive and efficient ways for serious, career-oriented photographers to meet many international photography experts and colleagues in a professional atmosphere. Photographers connect directly with people who can help them with artistic and business goals. It’s great for the reviewers too – they discover new talent, as well as the latest work of photographers who are already established.
More details can be found at the website: spwk.eu
The Portfolio Reviews are just part of the very exciting first annual Stockholm Photography Week, which takes place May 23-29, 2011.
Stockholm Photography Week is a week-long celebration of international contemporary photography.
Jan Broman, co-founder and co-director of Fotografiska, says, “Stockholm Photography Week is all about developing as a photographer: through one-to-one meetings with international photography experts, workshops with fantastic photographers, and through inspiring seminars and artist lectures.”
Workshops, seminars and exhibitions include:
• Workshops with two internationally renowned photographers: Mary Ellen Mark and Anders Petersen.
• Exhibitions by world-renowned photographic artists Edward Burtynsky and Albert Watson.
• Artist lectures and seminars, including a free workshop on making photo books.
• A special, 2-hour Open Portfolio Night (open to the public), where art collectors and photography lovers can meet with all of the artists participating in the portfolio reviews — and perhaps purchase some art directly from these great talents.
• Our 2-day photography portfolio review with 35 photography experts from three continents, and 100+ international photographers.
Hope to see you there!
Jim Casper, founder and director, Lens Culture
Special thanks to our sponsor, Blurb.com!