1. At the Barbican Gallery in London, Brooklyn-based Cory Arcangel has an installation featuring 14 bowling video games from the 1970s to the 2000s. Using custom manufactured electronics, Arcangel has hacked each unit to play a loop of a game in which the bowler fails to score. See if you can “beat he champ”!
2. You can see more of Cory’s work (along with that of Tauba Auerbach, Bureau Of Inverse Technology ,I/O/D, JODI, Nam June Paik, Sterling Rub and Kerry Tribe.) at a show called Highways Connect and Divide at Foxy Productions.
4. If you are in Toronto, Come celebrate the launch of the new Butcher Gallery space at the BUTCHER GALLERY FUNDRAISER!
5. On Friday from 7:30-10:00 pm help F.L.O.A.T Gallery say goodbye to their Atlantic Avenue space and celebrate their move to their new Chelsea digs!
6. HungryMan Gallery in San Francisco presents the photographic and sculptural work of Chicago based artist Heidi Norton in the exhibition entitled, Between New Moons. Opening Reception 7:00 -10:00 pm, Saturday February 12.
7. In Venice, CA, don’t miss REVERSEVENT A group show organized by: Thomas Macker, Joe Zorrilla, Calvin Lee and featuring the work of Lucas Blalock , Sam Falls , John Houck , Calvin Lee, Thomas Macker, Arjuna Neuman , Michael Ray-Von, Albert Samreth , Esteban Schimpf , Cody Trepte, Grant Willing and Joe Zorrilla. The show will take place at 1128 5th Ave Venice CA 90291 and opens Saturday, February 12, 7:00pm – 10:00pm.
8. Lay Flat has a new fan page! Like it!
9. Check out Michael Schmelling’s show Atlanta: Hip Hop and The South at ClampArt. Opening reception Friday, March 11, 6:00 – 8:00pm.
10. Feeling like you’d rather not go out at all? Check out all the art on EARTH with the Google Art project!