1. Foam Magazine’s annual Talent Call is now open. “We are looking for the world’s next photography talent. We invite new talents to submit their work and a selection will be published in Foam Magazine’s 2011 Talent issue.” (via Foam)
2. Get BACK into the holiday spirit and help our talented friends over at Reference Gallery.
3. Don’t miss FINISHED: The LAST Show @ the Showpaper Gallery this Thursday, January 6th from 6-10pm. featuring work by Chad Muthard, Dena Yago, David Horvitz, Grant Willing, Jamisen Ogg, Jesse Hlebo, Kate Steciw, Lucas Blalock, Lucky Dragons, Pierre Le Hors, Ryan Foerster and Tuomas Korpijaakko.
4. If you are out and about in Brooklyn, stop by F.L.O.A.T Gallery and pick up some great photography books!
5. Silver Eye Center for Photography in Pittsburgh has announced its first Member’s Exhibition, titled “Future Forward,” to be juried by Darren Ching of Klomp Ching Gallery in Brooklyn, New York. Deadline January, 17th.
6. The Magenta Foundation has extended its submission deadline for it’s annual Flash Forward Competition to January 10th!
7. Waterfall Magazine is now accepting submissions to their next issue.
8. Next week, Mixed Greens is pleased to present Tuesday, our first exhibition organized by independent curator Amani Olu. The show features work by Conor Backman, Joy Drury Cox, Jon Feinstein, Van Hanos, Heather Rasmussen, Peter Segerstrom, Breanne Trammell, and Jennifer Marman & Daniel Borins and opens next Thursday January, 13th.
9. Artists Wanted is kicking off the new year with Artists Wanted : A Year in Review, an international open call looking for dynamic, innovative and compelling artwork to present during Armory Week in New York City, scheduled to take place March 2011. One selected artist will receive a feature spot at SCOPE Art Show in New York City during Armory Week 2011, where the world’s artists, collectors, buyers, gallerists, critics, curators and art-enthusiasts will gather. The selected artist will also receive a $10,000 prize, which includes a $5,000 cash grant to produce new work to showcase at the SCOPE show. Deadline is Friday January 28.
10. Invest some time in personal/artistic growth and learn how to make one of THESE.