from the press release; quite an extraordinary jury.
DEADLINE: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 8 P.M. (EST)
- VINCE ALETTI, writer/critic, the New Yorker magazine;
- DARIUS HIMES, editor/curator, Radius Books;
- JULIE SAUL, gallery owner/director, Julie Saul Gallery;
- ALEC SOTH, photographer;
- HANK WILLIS THOMAS, photographer;
- JAMIE WELLFORD, international photo editor, Newsweek magazine
- TAJ FORER and MICHAEL ITKOFF, editors, Daylight Magazine
- ALEXA DILWORTH, publishing director, Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University
- COURTNEY REID-EATON, exhibitions director, Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University
In recognition of our mutual interest in documentary and fine art photography, Daylight Magazine and the Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University have started an international competition, the Daylight/CDS Photo Awards, to honor and promote talented and committed photographers, both emerging and established.
Two awards, a PROJECT PRIZE and a WORK-IN-PROCESS PRIZE.
WINNERS ANNOUNCED IN MID-JUNE 2010
Download full guidelines here